Management Trainee Program
|February 12, 2013 - May 02, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||PSC Metals, Inc. (www.pscmetals.com) is one of the most experienced and largest scrap metal processors in North America, providing services for more than a century to both generators and consumers of scrap. PSC Metals has locations across North America including Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama. |
We have immediate openings for future leaders to participate in our management development program at our Barberton, Ohio location.
PSC Metals offers a comprehensive benefits package, 401(k), holidays, personal days, vacation and competitive wages.
All candidates must successfully complete pre-employment testing requirements.
PSC Metals Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ONLY LOCAL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED - RELOCATION WILL NOT BE PROVIDED.
Gain knowledge and experience required for promotion to management positions under direction of experienced personnel by performing the following duties. Perform research and present findings to and for executive team. Practice and develop project management skills.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives training and performs duties in several departments such as Ferrous, Non-Ferrous, Human Resources, Health/Safety/Environmental, Finance, and Field Operations.
2. Learns line and staff functions, operations, management viewpoints and company policies and practices that affect each phase of business.
3. Sets performance goals and objectives with upper management.
4. Monitors performance progress with management and key trainers.
5. Observes experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
6. Receives training in functions and operations of related departments to facilitate subsequent transferability between departments and to provide greater promotional opportunities.
7. Set performance goals and objectives with upper management.
8. Apply college classroom theory to live business situations at PSC, identifying opportunity areas and recommending alternative solutions.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
A feeder yard manager at PSC Metals, Inc. is responsible for the daily operations and general management of feeder scrap yards, including production, transportation and maintenance. A yard manager also ensures that facilities are operating within their budget and profit guidelines while maintaining positive labor and employee relations. During the training program candidates will learn the inter-related roles of operations, accounting, transportation and commercial.
A buyer at PSC Metals, Inc. is responsible for developing the growth of business activities and profits, maintaining/developing pricing standards/models for purchasing scrap metal materials and overseeing internal and external customer service relating to ferrous and non-ferrous business. By utilizing superior communication skills and technical knowledge, a buyer penetrates existing customers’ business while developing new customers for profitable growth and expansion.
1. Recent college graduate with bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Industrial Management, Business Management, Engineering, Economics, Metallurgy.
2. Microsoft Office – must be able to use as required by the job.
3. Strong written, verbal, analytical and presentation skills, as well as proven leadership skills.
4. Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the Company.
5. Willingness to travel (regionally) for some training activities.
6. Must be willing to relocate upon completion of program.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.