|February 12, 2013 - April 27, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||We are currently seeking qualified CDL candidates for a TRUCK DRIVER position at our Slippery Rock, PA facility.|
PSC Metals, Inc. (www.pscmetals.com) is one of the most experienced and largest scrap metal processors in North America, providing services for more than a century to both generators and consumers of scrap. PSC Metals has locations across North America including Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama.
PSC Metals offers a comprehensive benefits package, 401(k), holidays, personal days, vacation and competitive wages.
All candidates must successfully complete pre-employment testing requirements.
PSC Metals, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To provide reliable and courteous transportation service to customers with safety a top priority; to
provide a communication link between customers and our company; to operate and maintain assigned vehicle and equipment and company records as required.
|Duties:||MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
1. Performing daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections on vehicle and equipment used; perform minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles when necessary; ensuring that periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed and reported as required.
2. Operates assigned vehicle and equipment in a safe and courteous manner.
3. Maintains defensive driving.
4. Reads and interprets maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route service for customers, and reads and interprets road signs in English.
5. Keep the assigned vehicle and equipment clean inside and outside.
6. Maintains accurate and up-to-date records, vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested from management.
7. Serves as a positive role model in appearance and professionalism while providing transportation services.
8. Performs other duties as required or requested.
• Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Minimum 21 years of age and possess and maintain a safe driving record.
• Minimum two (2) years work experience as a truck driver.
• Requires CDL-A license.
• Must be able to drive vehicle safety and appropriately, including ability to read and interpret roads signs in English; ability to read, understand and adhere to the rule and regulations of the FTA and USDOT.
• Must know the rules and regulations that govern him/her.
• Exposed to all weather elements and physical conditions
• Frequent sitting, standing, walking on normal flat surfaces, wrist motions and feet
• Occasional walking on uneven surfaces, bending, squatting/crouching, reaching, lifting up to lbs, carrying, pushing and pulling.
• Rarely walking on slippery surfaces, twisting kneeling, balancing and repetitive motion.
• Safety – PPE required includes steel toed shoes, hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, earplugs, gloves, etc.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.