Yard Superintendent - Metallics
|February 15, 2013 - March 16, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||About PSC Metals, Inc.:|
PSC Metals, Inc. (www.pscmetals.com) is one of the most experienced and largest scrap metal processors in North America, providing services for more than a century to both generators and consumers of scrap. PSC Metals has locations across North America including Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama.
PSC Metals offers a comprehensive benefits package, 401(k), holidays, personal days, vacation and competitive wages.
All candidates must successfully complete pre-employment testing requirements.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply online. Please include your salary expectations.
PSC Metals, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The Yard Superintendent has full responsibility for directing and controlling daily yard activities as directed by the General Manager and company policies.
• Make recommendations to the General Manager to aid in the development of the operating plan. Keep the GM informed of any issues that may affect the daily operations of the yard.
• Direct and manage the efforts of hourly employees to ensure each meets the performance objectives and standards set forth in company policies.
• Provide for safe working conditions and ensure safety guidelines and practices are followed. Ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local laws.
• Assume indirect profit and loss responsibility for the yard and the achievement of goals and objectives stated in the Operating Plan.
• Ensure the quality of the inbound and outbound scrap materials according to the quality program and customers’ specifications.
• Maintain inventory controls in accordance with the inventory control program, including pile location and rotation, zeroing and recording.
• Manages maintenance of all equipment to assure that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained for efficient production.
• Coordinates all inventory and billing activities for the operation, and completes appropriate reporting to facility accountant for processing.
• Consults with Human Resources to manage appropriate staffing levels to meet production schedules, employee performance policies and corrective actions.|
|Qualifications:||Bachelor’s degree plus 6-months experience in the scrap business. If no degree must have 10-plus years of comprehensive work experience in the scrap business. Must have basic scrap identity and scrap yard operations knowledge. Must be able to demonstrate experience solving problems, motivating employees and enforcing a safety culture with the utmost integrity. Excellent customer service, communication and reliability are imperative. |
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.