Regional Controller - Columbus Region
|April 10, 2013 - July 10, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||PSC Metals, Inc. is one of the most experienced and largest scrap metal processors in North America; our operations have been providing services for more than a century. Our clients include both generators and consumers of scrap. Situated on-site at steel mills, at industrial scrap generators, and at our strategically located recycling yards, our scrap management programs ensure a level of service far beyond expected industry standards.|
PSC Metals has multiple locations across the USA and Canada including Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio (HQ), Ontario, Pennsylvania and Tennessee.
At PSC Metals, many of our operations started as family businesses. We offer a full range of competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401k.
PSC Metals, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
We have an immediate opening for a Regional Controller at our Columbus facility.
|Duties:||We are seeking a Controller, experienced in a manufacturing environment with heavy emphasis on physical inventories.|
The duties and responsibilities of this position include:
• A minimum of seven years’ experience in accounting responsibilities
• Three years of experience in SOX compliance
• Developing & maintaining an adequate system of internal control that would provide assurance that all accounting entries are properly recorded and the operating financial information properly reflects the performance of the various profit units at the yards.
• Preparing all management reports, financial statements, supporting schedules and related reports for various units.
• Developing develop information for the monthly forecasts, annual plan and other data as required.
• Maintaining yard inventory systems to ensure internal control of inventory.
• Performing annual physical inventories of all equipment, spare parts and fixed assets.
• Preparing month end journal entries, reconciliations and analysis
|Qualifications:||The ideal candidate must have the following combination of education and experience:|
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA/CMA, preferred, but not mandatory.
Experience in the complete Accounting cycle
Three or more years of SOX compliance
Above average knowledge of Microsoft Office package, especially Excel.
PLEASE NOTE: No relocation fees will be paid on this position.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.