Accounting & Administrative Analyst
|November 12, 2013 - February 28, 2014|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||About PSC Metals, Inc.:|
PSC Metals, Inc. (www.pscmetals.com) is one of the most experienced and largest scrap metal processors in North America, providing services for more than a century to both generators and consumers of scrap. PSC Metals has locations across North America including Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama.
PSC Metals offers a vsion, dental and life insurance benefits package, 401(k), holidays, personal days, vacation and competitive wages.
All candidates must successfully complete pre-employment testing requirements.
PSC Metals, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
This position reports directly to the Accounting Manager. The individual has the power and authority to carry out responsibilities within approved Departmental and Companies policies.
Has access to all accounting records required to fulfill the responsibilities of the position in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, PSC and Corporate Policies.
|Duties:||MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
1.Carryout the Financial Reporting of the Region.
A. Prepare the monthly, quarterly and annual consolidating and consolidated financial statements for PSC in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Review results of operations with the Accounting Manager prior to submitting to PSC management.
B. Prepare and issue the consolidating and consolidated operating results versus budget, by lines of business.
C. Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of any other financial operating data requested by Corporate or PSC management.
D. With the Accounting Manager and PSC’s Corporate Accounting personnel establish the required financial data to be included in the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting package. Establish with Corporate Accounting, an annual calendar of reporting and key deliverable deadlines.
E. Assure reporting locations report financial results and other required data on a timely basis to facilitate reporting to Corporate and PSC’s internal management reporting.
F. Utilize the SAI General Ledger System to design reports that will aid all reporting units in obtaining timely and consistent financial statement information. Facilitate timely reporting by replacing manual reports with SAI generated reports.
2. Carryout the general accounting function of the Region.
A. Maintain and review the Region’s general ledger including;
• Review of daily SG&A input for reasonableness and accuracy of account classification.
• Weekly review of the monthly distribution report for reasonableness and accuracy of account classification.
• Prepare account reconciliation and analysis of selected general ledger accounts.
• Prepare monthly accrual schedules and review balances for adequacy and reasonableness.
• Reconcile and exert control over intra/inter-company accounts including transactions between locations and PSC, transactions between locations and transactions between Region and Corporate. Confirm monthly balances and transactions between reporting units. Focus efforts on those units that do not balance and notify appropriate personnel. Identify process improvements to facilitate a timely, accurate and complete review of all inter-company activity.
B. Assist the Accounting Manager and Controller with interim and year-end audit requests. Direct outside auditors to proper resources to answer queries. Answer questions in a professional manner and cooperate fully to facilitate the timely completion of the audit process.
C. Maintain the SOX compliance framework and assist in testing of the control environment.
D. Assist the Senior Accounting Analysts as necessary.
E. Perform other duties as assigned.
3. Work with other PSC and Corporate Personnel to:
A. Develop and utilize management information systems designed to improve the Company’s profitability.
B. Perform post audit review of complete projects to assess actual returns versus planned returns.
4. Assist with the analysis of accounting problems and recommend accounting methods to the Accounting Manager.
5. Establish and maintain all necessary accounting records and reports, and assure the proper retention, safekeeping and disposition of all accounting records and reports.
1. Bachelors Degree with and Accounting/Finance concentration is required.
2. Minimum 3-5 years related work experience.
3. Microsoft Office – must be able to use as required by the job.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.