|August 28, 2014 - December 31, 2014|
|Location:||Throughout OHIO, OH|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES/WRITTEN & ORAL COMMUNICATION:|
Has the authority to direct the employees daily work activities. Has authority to recommend the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action or performance reviews
Frequently communicates complex information and interacts with management. May train and monitor others performance. Can present, resolve conflicts and address delicate situations. Can motivate and persuade others.
In depth knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use in varied situations
Has frequent contact with others outside of work group, both inside and outside of company. Results have major implications on the management and operations of an area within a department.
DECISION MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING/INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION:
Decisions have major implications on the management and operations of an area within a department. Job may contribute to important strategy, operational and business decisions that affect the department
Problems are varies, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation. Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, general precedents and practices
Results are defined Sets own goals and determines how to accomplish results with some guidelines. Supervisor/Manager provides broad guidance and overall direction.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY/PHYSICAL/ENVIROMENTAL DEMANDS:
Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department
Specific physical requirements and/or environmental exposures are an essential part of the job
Safety - PPE requires includes steel toed shoes, hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, earplugs, gloves, etc...
Inside/Outside: Job requires a significant amount of time outside being subjected to various weather conditions.
|Duties:||1. Enforces Company safety rules inclusive of personal safety compliance. Ensure safe working conditions and practices are followed in the yard. Ensure all operating equipment is in good condition and notifies maintenance supervisor of any problems. Overall leadership of Corporate safety plan in areas under direct report inclusive of accident reporting, accident investigation, safety training, and any related compliance issues. Coordinates with Human Resources regarding corrective actions for safety policy violations.|
2. Responsible for profit/loss activity of all departments under direct report.
3. Coordinates all inventory and billing activities for the operation, and facilitates appropriate paperwork to facility accountant for processing.
4. Manage all activities related to inspection, weighing, grading and purchase of all ferrous and non-ferrous material received from vendors and clients within established Company policies and procedures.
5. Trains and/or directs training of direct reports.
6. Directs operations with respect to production volume, cost, quality, and meeting production schedules and delivery dates.
7. Stimulates maximum efficiency and productivity of shift leaders and equipment operators.
8. Study staff level and recommend changes necessary to meet production schedules due to increased material flow, vacations and/or unanticipated absences (i.e. Leave of Absence, FMLA, and Medical Leave).
9. Enforces adherence by employees to Company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
10. Directs the hiring and releasing of personnel as required to maintain production schedules.
11. Monitors and approves overtime for personnel under direct report in order to maintain labor cost within profitable guidelines.
12. Initiates and approves incremental increases for hourly personnel including annual across the board increases.
13. Maintains good employee relations and takes proper and judicious disciplinary measures when required, handles first-step grievances, and conducts second-step meetings. Establishes goals used for employee performance evaluation.
14. Manages maintenance of all equipment under their responsibility to assure that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained for efficient production.
15. Plan and coordinate equipment maintenance to reduce delays.
16. Monitors customer service with regards to daily mill customer contact, customer contract terms, quality, and daily pricing changes. Address discrepancies in a timely manner with the appropriate broker or buyer.
17. Monitors all areas of operations to insure compliance with EPA and DOT standards.
18. Initiates CERs for approval regarding expenditures for Heavy Equipment and facility improvements.
19. Follows standard purchasing procedures and practices within Company policy.
20. Perform other duties as required.
|Qualifications:||EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE/SUPERVISORY/MGMT EXPERIENCE:|
Associated degree minimum Bachelor degree preferred
No special licenses or certifications required
Microsoft Office Word/Excel/Outlook
5-7 work related experience required in the scrap business
3-4 Supervisory/Management experience required